Located in the Florida town of St. Augustine, the St. Augustine Light station is located at the north end of Anastasia Island. It is privately owned by the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum, Inc., a non profit organization and is still operated as an aid to navigation. Besides preserving the light house and buildings, the Museum offers educational and recreational programs, workshops, day camps and exhibits. It is generally open daily to the public. This 165 foot (50 Meter) lighthouse was completed in 1874. There are 219 stairs that must be climbed to get to the top.